Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Playing Catch Up...


Jared has been VERY helpful with stuff around the house...so I thought I'd take the time and do some catch up work on my blog, since I never did get around to it before Zane was born.


Our month of June was pretty much consumed by getting the basement ready for the girls...but we did manage to get some "fun family time" in:)


We went to Dutch Wonderland with some friends of ours...unfortunately we picked THE hottest day of the whole month I think. I even had some lady come up to me and ask if I should really be at the park in "my condition"...I assured her I was sitting alot and drinking plenty of water! It's amazing what people will say right to your face! Here are some highlights of the day:


The girls enjoyed alot of rides and we all enjoyed the water park. We can't wait to go back later on this summer!




The next "big" thing in June was that Kaesyn turned 2! We decided to keep it really simple this year since we had so much other stuff going on. We had a cookout with family and then headed up to Lake Tobias since Kaesyn LOVES animals. We absolutely LOVE going to Lake Tobias...it's a great place to take kids! (Oh, and Jena...if you are reading this...no fancy birthday cake this time:) My belly was a little too big and bending over a cake wasn't too appealing to me, so I took the easy way out and just did cupcakes). Here are some highlights from the day:

The Birthday Girl:)

Kaesyn was HILARIOUS in the petting zoo...all the goats wanted her crackers but she didn't want them to eat them at first. Every time a goat came up to get a cracker she said "HEY!" and pulled the cracker away. Finally, with a little coaxing, she gave up the crackers! Taegan found a goat that she really liked and called it "her buddy" and Jaelyn's favorite were the ponies. I opted to not do the bumpy safari ride, but the girls really enjoyed that too! It was a really fun day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I just love when people show concern or better yet when they just look at you. Like when you are out and all the kids are yelling. Those are the moments I always love to say... since you are so interested I would really love some help. Could you hold this?