Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mother's Day was such a fun day! When I first woke up (after sleeping all night...yay!), the girls gave me their cards and then made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed for church. Jaelyn planted a "miracle" for me...it took me awhile to catch on to what she was saying...but I quickly figured out she was talking about the marigold she planted. She keeps calling it her miracle, how cute.

After church, we met my parents and sister/her Jared at Hoss's for lunch. I was so hungry for real food, I couldn't wait! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures with my Mom and sis.

After getting home, the girls really wanted to put together their present to me...can you figure out what it is?

I have been subtly hinting to Jared that I would really, really like one of these for when the baby comes...I have visions of me just sitting, swinging away with the baby while the girls play:) We'll see how realistic that turns out to be, but needless to say, I was VERY excited about my swing!
But my day did not end here...after coming inside, the girls instructed me to sit down in the chair...and I was "treated" to a manicure and pedicure. The girls had a blast and I had fun just watching them...but as you will see, my fingers and toes turned out, um, interesting:)
While my feet were soaking, the girls painted my finger nails. Kaesyn painted not only my nail, but alot of my finger as well! After my hands were done, they dried my feet off and put lotion on them...talk about pampering!

Now time for the fun part...and I chose bright pink for my toes:)

Thank you girls for pampering me and treating me so such special treatment! I love all of you sooo much!

*note: I did tell Jared that he had to fix my toes after they went to bed, which he did willingly:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrilyn Jean!!!!! Don't really like that picture of myself:)!!! It's not my best moment:)
Love you though and glad you had a good mothers day!

Nancy said...

I just LOVE these photos. This is such a perfect day! Although I am a little disappointed that you don't have photos of Jared fixing your toes?!

Jen said...

What a precious Mother's Day! :-) My neighbor has one of those swings, and we sit out there EVERY DAY! We love it! So happy for you and those nail pictures will just make you smile for years to come! :-)

Jena said...

What a sweet Mother's Day you had! I can't wait to see pictures of baby boy Akers painting your toes next year ;-)
Love that swing! Now we can enjoy the swing while Ryan and Jared share the double-seater outhouse! Ok, that ended up sounding worse than I meant it to...

KK said...

What a special Mother's Day! I love the swing! The girls must have had so much fun pampering you!