Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Overwhelmed...

is how I feel right now! Getting ready for this little boy to come entails many things to do! Not only are we making more room for our growing family, we have lots of stuff to "sort through". This has literally, totally consumed my time for quite a few weeks, which is why I've not posted a blog until now. I knew we had alot of girl stuff...but until I drug it ALL out, I had no idea we had so much! So, when I was trying to decide the quickest and easiest way to get rid of all of it, I knew I had 3 choices: Ebay, consign, and yardsale. I found about this huge consigment sale in Lancaster where the profits get split 70/30 (I get the 70)and decided that was definitely something I should do. So, for the past month or so, I have been first, separating everything into piles for consigment/ebay/yardsale and then pricing/listing/and whatnot. Everything for the consignment sale had to be on hangers or ziploc bags, priced with a description/price/my number/and size. This took so much more time than I realized! And, our living room has been a disaster area, we can't even sit on our couch! I only have a few more piles to hang and price but here's what our house looks like right now:

The baskets and small tote are just shoes/hats/ and blankets! I'm sorta sad that we won't have any more little girls to wear all these cute sandals! Some of them, the girls never even wore!This is our couch, as of today. The piles on the far right still have to be hung, sorted by size, and tagged...I just need more hangers:) And that actually looks really good... before everything was in totes, you coudln't even see the back of the couch!These 2 bins are filled to the tippy top with clothes...all ready to go! They are so heavy that if anyone comes over, I just have to apologize for the mess b/c there's no way I'm gonna move them!

I'm really hoping this turns out to be a good thing not only b/c we have much to get for our little boy, but also b/c I have spent sooo much time on this project. We are also planning multiple yardsales...to get rid of the 4 totes of clothing I have for that! Geez, maybe I should have just opened my own little store!

In other news...things are going good with the baby. I had my glucose test yesterday, YAY for no more needles or bloodwork done! (until the iv at delivery anyway...which I always ask NOT to get, but they make me) I started having BH contractions about 2 weeks ago, which seemed kinda early to me, so now I just kinda have to watch what I do and not "over-do"it. Anyone else out there have them that early?? Oh, and Jared asked if he could deliver this baby too and unfortunately, he won't be able to...we were a little bummed about that. I think that's it for now!

7 comments:

Susanne said...

You must be in that "nesting" "getting your house in order" phase of your pregnancy. I remember doing the same thing, cleaning out basements, big boxes of extra clothes, etc when mine were about to be born...If you need any help I'm available...I love to organize! Have a great day...

Nancy said...

You AMAZE me! What a great job you have done. Did you send the girls away while working on this project? I don't know how you did all this and took care of the girls and Jared. Way to Go! Can't wait to meet this little baby boy.

We NEED to plan a play date Hannah is still talking nonstop about Jaelyn. Every time we go anywhere she says, "maybe Jaelyn will be there momma."

Anonymous said...

About those BH's. I think they're more intense the more pregnancy's you have. I started mine early with Gracie, too. but she was only two days early. No worries.
Valerie

Leah said...

Consignments sales are all the rage in the South. I participated in one twice a year and loved it! Tons of work, but boy does it pay off! I made $350 one season! By contributing you get to shop the sale before the general public does. You get so much more good stuff that way. I usually got most of my kids clothes this way and by selling at the sale I usually came out about even. Neat, huh? I would love to know the name and dates of the sale.

Leah said...

One more thing, Jeremy loved that I got such great clothes for so cheap that he has offered to buy me a plane ticket to go to the sale in Birmingham! They are usually that good!

Terri said...

Hey Leah...it's this weekend at the farm and garden center on the Manheim Pike. Friday the general public shopping hours are from 5-8 I think, and then sat 8-12. I plan on shopping friday during the consignor only times...lots of little boy stuff to get:)

Jena said...

Man alive, you weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of stuff...is your family somewhere under the "rubble" :-)
I'm all about going to this thing next year...it's the organizing part I love the best...I'm right there with ya, Suzanne!