Monday, February 11, 2008

And the Gold Medal goes to...

Jared!!! For being the best husband/daddy ever!!! Okay, let's set the scene...Friday was Jared's birthday, and Saturday was supposed to be my surprise 30th birthday party...so we knew we had a fun and busy weekend ahead of us. Well, on Friday afternoon, Jaelyn got sick with the stomach thing...then Kaesyn...then me...and then Taegan. It was AWFUL!!! Jared spent his birthday night taking care of us sick girls and got no sleep at all! When I got sick, I was still trying to be optimistic about my party (which I knew was happening just not what it was)...but the more I got sick, we knew it wasn't going to happen. I felt so bad, Jared had been planning for a long time and put sooo much work into it. Finally, after a trip to the hospital to get fluids, I felt a little better, still out of it but at least not throwing up. But then, Jared got it! What an awful weekend for this to happen!! Thankfully, we are all on the mend now! And we are VERY sorry for anyone we may have passed this to!
Thank you honey for taking such good care of us! We love you bunches and bunches!!!

For those wondering...the party is going to be rescheduled NOT cancelled...because it was such an awesome idea and I think it will be lots of fun! More info to come on that, after Jared makes some phone calls!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Jared:
Thanks for the Blog babe! That made me feel really special and you know that I am ALWAYS there for you and the kids! I love you very much and have a great day!

Aimee said...

What a sweetie!!! I am sooo sorry to hear that you were all sick on such an eventful weekend. What a bummer! Hope you get everything rescheduled and have a GREAT TIME!!! Happy bday to both of you!

KK said...

Aww! I wondered if you got sick when I didn't see you all in church on Sunday :-( I'm glad you are going to reschedule! Joshy's party was fun! Will you still be up to getting toghether on Thur???
If you aren't feeling up to it we can reschedule..no problem.
Hope you all feel better soon!

Jena said...

Bummer that you were all sick...and on such a special weekend! So, do you know what was going to happen??
Hope you're all feeling better!

Jana said...

that sucks!! but way to go jared! ;) happy birthday to both of you!! sorry you were so sick! but at least you're feeling better for your ACTUAL DAY!! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU!!

love you guys!

Nancy said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Jen said...

What a great post honoring your husband! So sorry about you all being so sick - we'll look forward to the rescheduling of the party!