Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas and New Year's

I guess since I am starting from scratch with this whole blogging thing, I will just recap our Christmas and New Years events. Christmas was fun and busy as usual! I love this time of year but always wish there were just a few more weeks in the month of December! We went to visit my Uncle on Christmas Eve, who is in a nursing home. We walked the halls singing Christmas carols. It was so neat to bring joy to other people and it was awesome to see how much fun the girls had. They were singing their little hearts out and the old people just loved them! I'm not gonna lie...it brought a few tears to my eyes, to see my girls so intent on doing something for others and not just focusing on themselves. After that, everyone (meaning my Mom/Dad and Sis/ Hubby) came back to our house for awhile. We opened our Christmas jammies (a tradition in the Akers' household).




Finally, everyone was in bed and sound asleep...until Jared woke everyone up at 5:30 (also an Akers' tradition, and not my favorite one I might add). But, needless to say the girls were way excited and we had fun spending the morning opening and playing with gifts.

One of the highlights was Kaesyn's zebra...she loves this thing! We spent the afternoon and evening with my parents and Jared and Tish at their house. 'Til we got home in the evening, we were exhausted! Fast forward to New Year's Eve...we spent the night here with my fam once again. We thought we would let the girls (minus Kaesyn) stay up this year to see how long they could make it. We had a fun evening of playing games and watching movies (albeit kids movies, but still) and finally watching the ball drop. Jaelyn made it until about 11:45 and Taegan made it the whole night (I have no idea how that girl does it but she can stay awake FOREVER!)
New Year's Day was a momentous one...it's when we told our family our big news! We have known since November but wanted to do something fun...here's how we told our news:


Trying to get all 3 girls to stand still AND look was quite the task! Kaesyn kept trying to play peek-a-boo! But we were pretty pleased with how the shirts turned out. The girls are very excited about having a new baby and Jaelyn especially is hoping for a brother...time will tell:)

I had my first appointment so far and it was only with the nurse, I only go to the doctor on the 21st and by then I will be 15 weeks already! Time flies! We are anxious to hear and see this little one!

Until next time...

6 comments:

Jena said...

What in the world does Jared get you guys up at 5:30 for? (Funny how in all your info, that is what stuck out to me :-)
Anyway, welcome to the blog world! I'm excited to have another one to check! And way to post all the fun picts...I love Kaesyn's face in the Zebra picture...was it even 6am yet?

Terri said...

He has this weird idea that we need to get up early...I mean, yes, we used to do that as kids...but we're on the other side of the fence now! Even when it was just the 2 of us...we were up early. Now don't you want to start that tradition? Um, it MIGHT have been 6 am when we took the pic of Kaesyn...all I know is, it was early:)

Jana said...

UGH . . . NO WAY are we starting the 5:30 am tradition! Jared's insane! lol. I HAVE told Dan that I want to do the Christmas pj's thing, though! I didn't know you guys did that.

I'm glad you finally joined the blogging world! Although I don't always stay on top of mine, I'm getting better and I so enjoy reading everyone else's! :)

love ya!
J

Susanne said...

Hi Terri! First Facebook and now blogging! Isn't this fun? It was great having Taegan in our Sparks group tonight-she is very sweet! She did well for her very first night!

Nancy said...

I didn't know you were in the blog world. I just love these shirts! Congrats!! Can't wait to meet the new baby.

KK said...

I love Kaesyn's zebra...how fun! The pics of your three girls crack me up. I love Kaesyn's pig tails! I got Kara a shirt that said I'm going to be a big sister when I was pregnant with Josh. That is how we told everyone. It was funny to see who noticed what the shirt said first! Too cute!