Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jaelyn's Cake

As if I need one more thing to add to birthday parties, I always make the girls cakes! They really like telling me how they want their cakes, and I know it will be a memory for them. This process usually takes the majority of the day before the party...but all worth it in the end. I had NO IDEA what to do for Jaelyn's cake this year...she kept saying she wanted a whole pony but I just couldn't find any pictures cute enough. So, finally I came up with something...Jaelyn and I sat down and picked out which pony I was going to do...and then it was time to make this cake!



Here are some pictures of the process...I didn't take as many as I would have liked to but I was trying to keep moving!
The first step...piecing the 3 cakes together to make the pony

Second step...mixing all the icing colors


And finally...putting the icing on the cake


Putting on the finishing touches

The finished cake!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow...you did an awesome job on that cake!!! The only cake I have ever attempted to make was a complete disaster!!! Maybe I just need to take a lesson from you!!! :)

Leah said...

It looks awesome!! Great job, Terri!

Nancy said...

Great Cake!!

Jen said...

WOW!!! So gorgeous! I can't believe how great that looks!!!!!! I am completely impressed and inspired (maybe not inspired enough to do it myself, but tempted)! Kacy had a fabulous time!

KK said...

Terri, you did a great job on Jaelyn's pony cake! It was awesome!