Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another Prayer Request...

Okay fellow bloggers and mommies:), I have a prayer request and since we all know the power of prayer is totally awesome, I wanted to share it. Today I got together with a friend from high school,her name is Kerri. Kerri and her hubby, Kevin, had been trying for awhile to get pregnant and were finally successful. She is due not too far behind me, and just had her ultrasound on Monday. They were told at their ultrasound that their baby's heart is on the right side of the chest instead of the left. This is a very rare occurence from what they were told. There is a chance that the baby could lead a totally normal life, as everything was pumping in and out of the heart as it should be. But, the doctor's are concerned about the lung development now. Kerri is pretty certain that she will have to have a C-Section and is really hoping to make it full term. There is also a possibility that their baby will have to have surgery hours after birth, even then with no guarantees. She said she will keep me posted, she has a test on Friday that will hopefully provide some more info.

I had no idea what to even say to her, I have no idea what it's like to be in a situation like that. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had 3 successful pregnancies/deliveries, and now a 4th pregnancy. So please, please pray for Kerri and her hubby as they are pretty emotional right now about this whole situation. I also do not know if they are saved, I don't think so, but I don't know for sure.

I just know that all of us mommies know what it feels like to carry a precious life and I know that I can't imgaine what it must feel like to KNOW that something is not right with my baby! And I know that if anyone would understand, it would be other moms...so thanks for praying for them!!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

I will be praying for them. I can't imagine going through something like that. I pray it all turns out to be not an issue.

KK said...

Oh my...I will be praying for Kerri...Keep us updated!

Nancy said...

I will be praying for Kerri and her husband.

Jen said...

Most definitely will be praying for Kerri, her husband, and their precious child whom God loves already!!! I will also be praying for you and the testimony you can be to her!!